‘AJ wants all the smoke’- Eddie Hearn breaks silence after Anthony Joshua agrees terms over Tyson Fury fight
EDDIE HEARN says Anthony Joshua “wants all the smoke” after agreeing to terms over a WBC heavyweight title clash with Tyson Fury.
The Watford born Brit, 32, revealed on Tuesday he agreed to 60-40 purse split in unbeaten champ Fury’s favour.
It is expected to be the biggest purse in the history of British boxing.
If all goes to plan, the battle of the Brits will take place on December 3 and could be hosted at the Principality Stadium in Cardiff, Wales.
The announcement of the terms being agreed upon was halted out of respect for The Queen, who sadly passed away last Thursday aged 96.
An official statement read: “258 and @MatchroomBoxing can confirm, on behalf of @anthonyjoshua, that we accepted all terms presented to us by Fury’s team for a fight Dec 3rd last Friday.
“Due to the Queen’s passing, it was agreed to halt all communication. We are awaiting a response.”
Joshua’s promoter and Mathroom boxing chief Hearn, reposted the statement, and said: “AJ wants all the smoke!”
AJ will be heading into the December war with Fury, 34, off the back of two straight losses to Oleksandr Usyk.
He failed to recapture the WBA, IBF, WBO and IBO heavyweight titles off the 35-year-old Ukrainian in Saudi Arabia last month, losing by split decision.
CASINO SPECIAL – BEST NEW CUSTOMER SIGN UP DEALS
In another major step of making the Fury vs Joshua fight official, AJ has also been ranked No6 by the WBC.
The Mexican sanctioning body have always blanked AJ as he had never fought for any of their heavyweight titles.
Comments are closed.