Canelo Alvarez vs Gennady Golovkin 3: Date, UK start time, live stream, TV channel for HUGE super-middleweight fight
CANELO ALVAREZ and Gennady Golovkin will do battle for the THIRD time this weekend.
The pair began their rivalry in 2017 when their first fight ended in a contentious split draw, with most spectators believing Golovkin to be the worthy winner.
And they had a rematch, which Alvarez won by majority decision, a year later.
That fight was also a close one, and since then, Alvarez has moved up a weight class and since become undisputed champion at super-middleweight.
Golovkin, meanwhile, has unified the titles at middleweight again, but he’ll finally get a third crack at Alvarez later this year, albeit at 40 years old.
He’ll be buoyed by the fact, however, that his Mexican foe just lost to light-heavyweight Dmitry Bivol, and will have to come back down for a huge fight with ‘GGG’.
When is Canelo vs Golovkin 3?
- Alvarez’s huge trilogy clash with Golovkin will take place on Saturday, September 17, 2022.
- The T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas plays host, just like the two previous contests between the pair.
- In the UK, the fight will get underway in the early hours of the morning on September 18.
- Expect ring-walks to commence at around 4.30am UK time.
Can it be live streamed?
- Alvarez vs Golovkin will be shown live on DAZN PPV in the UK.
- The fight costs £9.99 on top of your DAZN subscription.
- You can live stream the action from the DAZN app, which is available for download onto your mobile, tablet device and Smart TV.
- In the US, the fight will be available to watch on DAZN PPV.
Canelo vs Golovkin 3 FULL CARD
- Canelo Alvarez vs Gennady Golovkin III (12 rounds – super-middleweight, WBA, WBO, IBF, WBC, Ring Magazine titles)
- Jesse Bam Rodriguez vs Israel Gonzalez (12 rounds – super-flyweight, WBC title)
- Ammo Williams vs Kieron Conway (10 rounds – middleweight)
- Diego Pacheco vs Enrique Collazo (10 rounds – super middleweight)
- Ali Akhmedov vs Gabriel Rosado (10 rounds – super middleweight)
- Marc Castro vs Kevin Montiel Mendoza (8 rounds – lightweight)
FABULOUS BINGO: Get a £20 bonus & 30 free spins when you spend £10 today
What has been said?
“I feel very happy and proud to be able to give the best fights and this fight won’t be an exception,” said Canelo.
And Golovkin has simply said: “I hope to see you on September 17.”
Promoter Eddie Hearn added: “The Canelo vs GGG trilogy is the biggest fight in boxing and I am delighted to get this made for September 17.
“These are two men that bitterly dislike each other and want to end this incredible series with a blistering KO.
“I truly believe this will be the most thrilling fight between these two great champions and it will be fireworks from the first bell to the last man standing.”
Comments are closed.