House fire in Loudoun Co. displaces 4


Four people in Lucketts, Virginia, were displaced Friday after a garage fire damaged part of a their home, according to authorities.

Loudoun Co. firefighters respond to a home on Spinks Ferry Road in Lucketts. (Courtesy LCFRD)

Four people in Lucketts, Virginia, were displaced Friday after a garage fire damaged part of their home, according to fire officials.

Loudoun County Fire and Rescue said that the blaze in Lucketts broke out Friday afternoon at a home on Spinks Ferry Road.



Fire crews from Virginia and Maryland arrived on the scene to find the fire coming from the garage of a two-story, single-family residence. Firefighters quickly extinguished the blaze that had spread to the home’s living quarters.

Everyone in the home — two adults and two children — were outside by the time crews arrived on the scene. A dog was also with the occupants, but responders had to rescue and give oxygen to a cat.

The county fire marshal determined the blaze started accidentally when combustible items in the garage came in contact with a refrigerator compressor. Authorities have estimated the damage to the home and its contents at around $496,000.

Overheated compressors coming into contact with flammable items are the most common reason for refrigerator fires, according to the National Fire Protection Association.

Like WTOP on Facebook and follow WTOP on Twitter and Instagram to engage in conversation about this article and others.

Get breaking news and daily headlines delivered to your email inbox by signing up here.

© 2022 WTOP. All Rights Reserved. This website is not intended for users located within the European Economic Area.





Source link

Comments are closed.