Preston North End vs Tottenham: Spurs’ mission to end their 15-year trophy drought continues with a tricky FA Cup clash
TOTTENHAM continue their hunt to end a 15-year trophy drought when they take on Preston North End in the FA Cup.
Harry Kane’s superb strike recently inspired Spurs to a gruelling victory over Fulham following their damming North London derby defeat to Arsenal.
And it was also captain Kane who helped Spurs get to the fourth round of English football’s oldest cup competition during their home encounter against Portsmouth.
But now, the North London outfit travel to Championship side Preston who recovered from a one-goal deficit to beat Huddersfield in the previous round.
However, the visitors will be oozing with confidence as Preston’s last victory over Spurs came way back in 1966.
When is Preston vs Tottenham?
- Preston’s intriguing FA Cup tie against Tottenham will take place TOMORROW – Saturday, January 28.
- It is scheduled to get underway at 6pm UK time.
- Deepdale in Preston is the allocated arena for this fourth-round fixture and it can host approximately 23,408 supporters.
- Spurs humiliated Preston 5-1 when the side’s last met in a 2008 League Cup encounter.
What TV channel is it on and can it be live streamed?
- Preston vs Tottenham will be broadcast LIVE on BBC One in the UK.
- Coverage is expected to commence from 5:40pm UK time – 20 minutes before kick-off.
- Viewers also have the option to stream the entire action on the BBC Sport website or BBC iPlayer app.
Can I watch it for FREE?
Yes! Prston’s FA Cup fixture against Tottenham can be watched for FREE in the UK as long as you hold a valid TV license.
What is the team news?
Manchester City starlet Liam Delap will sit this one out as he is cup-tied having already featured for Stoke.
And the forward is set to be joined by Troy Parrott who cannot face his parent club.
Emil Riis Jakobsen and Sean Maguire are also likely to miss out due to injuries, but Preston boss Ryan Lowe will be delighted to welcome Ben Whiteman and Brad Potts back into the fold.
Elsewhere, Lucas Moura continues his recovery period for Tottenham while Bryan Gil is a doubt.
But Antonio Conte will be tempted to throw his latest recruit Arnaut Danjuma in from the start.
90 min only
- Preston 7/1
- Draw 4/1
- Tottenham 1/3
To qualify (incl ET and Pen)
- Preston 4/1
- Tottenham 1/6
*Odds courtesy of Betfair are correct at time of publication
Comments are closed.