Promoter Eddie Hearn says Tyson Fury vs Anthony Joshua is OFF after contracts were not signed
EDDIE HEARN has declared that the proposed dream match between Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury is OFF.
A dream match between the two British heavyweights has long been anticipated but there appears to be another obstacle.
Joshua’s promoter Hearn claims there is concern after not hearing back from Fury’s team since the latest social media video in which he demanded they sign the contact last week.
The 43-year-old insists the matter is “still open for discussions” but suggested the fight is “off” as it stands.
Hearn told Matchroom Boxing: “They gave us terms ultimately in a date they thought we wouldn’t accept. We did accept that.
“We were ready to go. If they would have signed the contract on Monday, they had a fight.
“We were asked to agree the deal by Monday, then we were asked to agree it by Wednesday. We got their comments back on Wednesday.
“We were never gonna sign the fight, and we were told the fight is off.
“So, it’s still there. It’s still open for discussions. But we’re not gonna play a game with a bloke that’s just coming out telling AJ it’s off and then he’s a dosser and he’s gotta sign it etc.
“Have your fight if you wanna fight someone else and we’ll do our thing, and we’ll see what happens.”
FREE BETS AND SIGN UP DEALS – BEST NEW CUSTOMER OFFERS
Fury set Joshua’s camp a deadline of 5pm last Monday to sign the contract for their all-British December 3 fight in Cardiff or he would find an alternative opponent.
But after the deadline passed, the Gypsy King branded AJ a “coward” and an “idiot” whose top-level career is over after calling off their world heavyweight title showdown.
Fury is still preparing to fight next month and talks with Joshua were reportedly continuing.
Hearn previously said the paperwork is not yet ready to be signed as they went through the finer terms and conditions.
Comments are closed.