WWE storylines chief Triple H responds to Seth Rollins over surprise SummerSlam shakeup as fans all say same thing
TRIPLE H has responded to Seth Rollins after the WWE star vented his frustration on his late SummerSlam match cancellation.
Rollins, 36, had been due to face Riddle at the huge event this Saturday in Nashsville.
But the match was pulled from the card because the Original Bro is not medically cleared to fight.
That angle is due to a storyline – not a real injury – with Seth injuring Riddle on this Monday’s edition of RAW.
WWE said in a statement: “[Seth Rollins] injured [Riddle] with a vicious attack on WWE Raw that resulted in a brachial plexus injury (a stinger). Riddle is medically disqualified until full strength returns.
“Due to this injury, Riddle vs. Rollins at SummerSlam has been postponed.”
The shakeup leaves Rollins without a match in the biggest event of the summer.
And he took to Twitter to vent his frustration to his 4m followers.
Rollins wrote: “For anyone who purchased a ticket to SummerSlam hoping to see me in action, I apologize.
“I did everything I could over the last 6 months to earn my spot on this show, but some things are out of my control.
“Thank you for always singing my song. They’ll hear ya someday.”
The WWE rumor mill took off when Triple H – now the WWE head of storylines – responded to Rollins’ tweet.
He wrote: “I hear you!”
Some fans believe that Rollins could infact appear in a surprise match, as he did at Wrestlemania 38.
One suggested: “Cant wait to see who your real opponent is. I’d ask for Kevin Owens, but you haven’t had enough time to build it.”
While another said: “Aaaaaand why cant they just get a new opponent. AJ, Drew, Sheamus, Gunther, Ricochet, the list goes on….”
While Triple H had plenty of fans begging for Rollins to be reinstated.
One said: “[Place Rolling] in a prominent spot worthy of his stature on the show!!”
And another added: “Summer slam not having Seth Rollins would be a really bad idea. You got this H, fix the mess that was left for you. A surprise return like Mania would be sweet. I know of a couple guys out there!”
Triple H has become WWE’s new head of creative and takes control of storylines following Vince McMahon’s exit.
Wrestling billionaire McMahon, 76, announced his retirement as CEO on Friday from the company he has run since buying it in 1982 from his father Vince Sr.
Comments are closed.